We ate lunch at the only no meat restaurant in SA- Green. I had a (fake) Buffalo chicken sandwich with quinoa tabouli and Kaley had nachos (and they really pushed the jalapeƱos on her. Three people asked her if she wanted them and the third person just brought them anyway). Great food and cool atmosphere, all the tables had a theme. I think ours was weddings, or possibly Elvis. I think there was also an airforce one and an adopted children one. And outside they were growing stuff- herbs and lettuce and cabbage (and probably way more once it gets warmer)
Then we saw the Alamo. Free but super long around the block lines so we didn't go inside.
Then a quick trip to one of the three Missions (original Spanish missions from the 1?00's).
Then we drove to Austin to look at the capital.
And finally a quick look around UT because I wanted to see campus and their music building, and because they have tons of turtles.
And then home. Yeah. Successful fun trip. Go check out San Antonio sometime. Questions? Comments?
shoulda hit up the alamo. it'd be cool to stand up top and yell like you are making a last stand. don't worry about the looks you'll get.
ReplyDeleteSan Antonio is one of the greatest cities in the U.S.
ReplyDelete