Wednesday, March 24, 2010

SA trip post #2 (Friday night)

So after Real Ale drove down to San Antonio. Quickly checked into the hotel and headed downtown for dinner. We found a nice Tex-Mex restaurant on the Riverwalk that we thought was going to be really expensive but turned out to not be- so there we went, and got to sit on the patio overlooking the river on a gorgeous night. I had oyster tacos with a nice sauce and pineapple. Their pinto beans were pretty good too (sorry no pics). Then we headed down to the river bank proper and walked around for a while- ate some ice cream, looked in lots of shops, and super expensive hotels, saw this tree.

I expected the RW to be fairly small and cheesy and touristy. And it was pretty touristy, but there were tons of people there, and a lot of them just seemed to be locals hanging out. I got a good vibe from the city there.


We spent the rest of the night at this jazz bar. It was an interesting place- pretty divey, but the crowd was upscale, as were the drinks. The house band played mostly Dixieland which was nice and upbeat. They were all older gentlemen (and played everything from memory which I found amazing) except the bassist, and the drummer who was REALLY high. At times I thought he was going to fall asleep at the set. All in all a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment