Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Random thought of the Day

We were talking about Porgy and Bess in my research class today and I was randomly reminded of Ma Radebe. Anybody else have her back in the day? Remember that crazy homemade video she made w/ things being thrown at her shadow? That shit was crazy and probably was much more interesting than we gave it credit for as 7th graders.

2 comments:

  1. Absoultely, the scene of her having things thrown at her shadow was a metaphor for domestic abuse. I also remember that she was wanted in South Africa (I think) for helping burn down her university. My Dad had her as a guest on his cooking show, it was pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Word, your dad's show is also mad throwback (reminds me of watching Pirate TV back in the day). He should bring it back and do a show on the boat.

    ReplyDelete