
So it's snowing right now in Dallas. I had to get up and go to a lesson (all my other classes for today were previously cancelled, unrelated to the weather), which meant a drive to Denton. Luckily the roads were pretty much fine- it's warm enough that the snow's melting quickly on the roads. The biggest problem with snow here is that Texans don't have any idea how to drive in it. But today (unlike on Christmas Eve) I only saw one accident on my drive. Annoyingly my horn professor got a phone call during my lesson that they were closing campus then- after my lesson.
After driving home and eating lunch I went outside with my nephews to play in the snow. It's super wet and great for snowballs/ sculptures. A nice treat to experience some real winter.
When we got back inside it was hot chocolate for them, and a beer I've been holding for a while for me- Oatgoop.

It's a 10% wheatwine made in collaboration between Three Floyds Brewery in Indiana, and Mikkheller, an increasingly popular brewery in Denmark. It's quite a good beer and held up well from when I got it (I think Chad brought it back in August? something like that). Lots of pineapple and tropical fruit flavor in the hops. Tons of caramel. Not too boozy, just some hints of vanilla and scotch. Given how much hops flavor I got I'm curious how it would have tasted fresh- probably too much alcohol hotness without the age but I bet the taste would've been good.
So if you have some snow (CB and Beckum?) you should go throw some snowballs and have a beer- a great way to waste an afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment