
I've been reading about the hype about Apple's souped up tablet for a while and it occured to me during my first week of classes this semester that a tablet would be a pretty cool thing to have in class- you could write notes on it, look things up on the web, screw around if you're bored, and it would be easy to carry around and wouldn't need to be plugged in.
But then I saw what Apple actually released- a giant Ipod touch.
I'm not even going to mention the issues with the name or the lack of Flash or multifunctionality, but my biggest beef is that there's no mention of being able to write on it. I thought that was the whole point of tablet pcs? Isn't that what the UPS guy has been carrying around for years so you can write your signature on it? You should be able to write on you tablet PC and convert that into a word document. Seems like a simple concept to me. Apple missed a major marketing opportunity to sell thousands of these to schools and students to replace their last major blunder- the Newton.
Hear Hear!!!
ReplyDelete