

This was crappy. The truck was later found on the side of the road but stripped of all the wheels, seats, battery and most importantly, my case of CD's. I think it was a 48 case and overfilled, so like 55 cds or so- the result of years of buying.
Luckily I had all of that music (I think I had it all...) on my computer and on my Ipod. But then a few months later my computer took the opportunity to get a virus and fizzled. It's like six years old and my dad managed to reinstall Windows and now works fine, not as well as it used to, but well enough for my purposes. This incident required a lot of work to get all the files off. I bought an external hard drive but my computer wouldn't recognize it so I had to transfer all the files on a small usb key and then put them on the harddrive through my family's computer (a huge pain in the ass. I spent probably 5 hours doing this one night because my computer was so freakin slow).
So I had my files on an external hard drive, and my music on the Ipod and then nothing on my computer after it was reformatted. Then this fall I was extremely stupid and unfortunate to leave my harddrive in the computer lab at school and it was stolen. I permanently lost all my files- old papers, letters, recipes, guitar stuff, pictures. Still the music was on the Ipod, but how to get it off should I lose the Ipod (stupid Apple not letting you upload things off an Ipod)....
So yesterday I bought a new external harddrive (it's insane how much memory these things have now. There was one for $80 w/ a terrabyte. Who the hell needs a terrabyte of memory
? what can you possibly fill that up with?). And after searching and trying for a while I stumbled upon this program: Sharepod. It worked amazingly and was simple to use. I read a lot about programs that didn't work for the Ipod touch (mine) or the Iphone, but this one didn't have any problems. So highly recommended if you are stuck in a similar situation. I still don't have any old non-music files but at least I have two copies of my music should something happen to one.
? what can you possibly fill that up with?). And after searching and trying for a while I stumbled upon this program: Sharepod. It worked amazingly and was simple to use. I read a lot about programs that didn't work for the Ipod touch (mine) or the Iphone, but this one didn't have any problems. So highly recommended if you are stuck in a similar situation. I still don't have any old non-music files but at least I have two copies of my music should something happen to one.
The morale of the story- don't eat at Joe's Crab Shack.
Gives me another thing to be closed-minded about! Thanks!
ReplyDelete