Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Matilda- An Old Beer for the New Year

This is a beer I picked up in Ohio over the summer. Bottled on 11/04/10- so with a over a year of age on it, it should be spectacular- or bad. We'll see...


It's a pretty looking brew with a cloudy orange color. The smell out of the bottle was pretty intoxicating- lots of funk and cider. When it's in the glass the smell isn't quite as potent but still really nice. There's apple cider, sweet oranges, morning dew, and strawlike funk.

The taste isn't as amazing but still good- I'm getting a lot of grass when I'd really like more of the fruit flavors from the smell. Maybe more bread dough, like an unbaked loaf of bread that you left out all day my accident.

Overall I'm really liking this beer. I'm trying to imagine if any more age will improve it and I have to go with no. I've had this beer before and I remember being blown away by both the smell and the taste and this one really only blows me away with the smell. So the extra bottle will have to be drunk soon... Cheers to whenever that is. And Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment