Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Getting on the soapbox

So my orchestra at UNT is playing a pretty cool event in the new Cowboys Stadium. It's sort of a hype up to the Super Bowl (you can check it out here) We're playing random "NFL Movies" music whatever that means. It's pretty cheesy but still fun. And we might possibly be accompanying Tim McGraw. There's going to be a bunch of old famous footballers- Emmitt Smith, and Roger Staubach, etc...

Anyway, I'm psyched to be doing this. Unfortunately the logistics of it are pretty annoying. On both Thursday and Friday I have to drive up to Denton (should be only 30 min, but has been longer recently) and then get on the bus to go to Arlington (probably an hour). Stupidly, the bus will almost drive past my apartment.

So to make it easier I looked into finding another way home- ie public transportation. And lo and behold there isn't any. How do they get 80,000 people into this stadium with no buses, trains, trolleys, nada. Not to mention all the Rangers games that happen next door. Arg...

No comments:

Post a Comment