We made pizza on Tuesday night. I handmade the dough but it kind of failed. It seems to be a successful process about half the time- the first time worked out fine, but I don't remember what recipe I used and it hasn't been the same ever since. It's especially hard to judge the amount of kneading and to actually continue to knead it until it's done (makes me wish for a breadmaker). If anyone has a good dough recipe that's hand tested I'd take it. Instead of our normal tomato, mozzarella, onion, green pepper, we opted for some different toppings: sauce, basil and oregano, mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, pepperoncini, olives, red bell pepper. Here's it before the oven:
And after, a little browner on the edges:
The toppings were great, but the crust...not so much. Kaley said it tasted like a scone. I was thinking more like floury cardboard. Either way, not good eats. But edible on top so it wasn't totally wasted.
No comments:
Post a Comment